Most of us know to clean the lint screen after every drying cycle. However, we often overlook the importance of regularly cleaning the dryer vent where heat and air escapes. We might take attempt to clean it ourselves, but without the proper tools, it’s impossible to do a thorough job. To prevent potential damage to the vents (and harm to ourselves), hire a professional duct cleaning company.
Here are some reasons why we need to regularly clean dryers:
1. Efficiency. Clean vents and ducts allow the dryer to run more efficiently. A clogged dryer requires several cycles to get clothes completely dry.
2. Extend dryer lifespan. Dryers that run longer than usual overwork the machine’s parts, causing additional wear and tear. Ultimately, costly repairs or replacements are necessary.
3. Mould prevention. Dryers release moisture and hot air outside — but sometimes wet spots remain in the ducts. Mould thrives in damp places, causing serious health risks and breathing problems.
4. Savings. Regular cleaning saves money in the long run by extending the lifespan of our dryer and reducing energy usage.
5. Safety. Buildup of lint and debris inside the dryer hose and ducts can restrict hot air from passing through. When buildup increases, so does the temperature, which can cause a dangerous fire that spreads from the laundry room, threatening both life and property.
Dial One Professional Duct Cleaning takes safety seriously. With over 15 years of experience, we can easily identify dryer vents problems and take immediate action. For dryer vent/duct cleaning and other services, please call us at (416) 896-4799.